RE: Re: Back from the dead, and ready to party.

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 03:21:35 -0400

Oh he LIVES for selling information. It's the only way to make sure he doesn't get busted for things and the simple fact is that people will pay more for info than anything else.

Strangely enough, he's an honest businessman in a shady business. He has a ruthless belief in fulfilling his side of the bargain. He may try to strike as unfair a bargain as possible, but once it is struck, he'll honor it to the end. Even if you screw him. As the Player put it to me, "If you agree to give him 4 camels in trade, and you give 3, you owe him. He will then happily arrange to "liberate" a camel from you. But only one. You only owe him one. The fact that the camel he liberated was from your trade caravan and happened to be loaded down with expensive goods is a happy coincidence and should be chalked up to "carrying charges". Which means that as an information broker, he's very discreet. You're much safer trading info with him (or trading him info on others so that he doesn't reveal yours) than you are having him find out on his own.

I'm quite sure he's providing Whitewall once the siege starts up. (Which is why the order of the taking of Karse compared to the serious set to in Whitewall is of some importance to me.)

LC