Re: Tula

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:37:40 -0000

--Bryan

PS. Stormsteads bogged down when we got to the nitty-gritty of trying to describe large number of inhabitants of one stead (combined with the population distribution issue, which was resolved but seemed to kill much of the momentum). The problem in part is that a large number of people with different viewpoints, trying to agree on something by consensus, is seldom swift or effecient. The alternatives are to let a few people have essential design freedom over certain areas, or to set up some sort of voting system. Well, there may be other alternatives, but they don't leap to mind for me at the moment. I have substantial amounts of material in my head that I never wrote for the project purely because of the issue trying not to take excessive control merely through pre-emptive writing....