Re: Re: Chaos Sorcery

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:27:26 +1200

At 09:08 PM 6/29/04 -0400, you wrote:

>Well, well, well. A nice little rationale of why they are doing what they
>are doing because
>it is really good.
>
>And what, pray tell, are the Chaos Monks mentioned in that little article?

In my original conception, they were Boristi extremists. They kidnap non-Boristi,
shrive them of all their sins and then kill them so the victim enters Solace. They
don't create Chaos Monsters and try and dispose of it in another way. However more often then not, the accumulated Chaos causes them to mutate into loathsome horrors.

However a Greggly sidebar in the Glorantha: Intro adds the detail that the Chaos
Monks worship Arkat the Devil so I've since taken the position that the Borists
worship Arkat in some form.

--Peter Metcalfe

---