Re: Paying the Lunar Army

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 15:29:42 -0000

> Surely they are paid by the Gloranthan year (42 weeks,
unless
> memory fails me), so your numbers could be cut by nearly 1/3.

Yeah, under Mark and Martin's version, a Lunar solider gets 42 Lunars - or two cows. My version is three cows. Take your pick.

The whole purpose of this exercise is to try to get some big picture feel for what needs to be going on to support 10,000 to 20,000 foreign soldiers in Dragon Pass. If it is 60 daran (a Lunar accounting figure for 20,000 lunars) a year - that's a lot of money. Add a few more daran for administrative overhead, templebuilding,  embezzlement, etc, and we're probably at 75 daran a year or more. Big sum. But a drop in the bucket compared to the total Lunar Imperial military budget of over 11,000 daran a year.

Jeff