Re: Re: Eunuchs galore!

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:16:25 -0600

At 08:57 AM 01/11/2001, you wrote:

>As I understand it Eunuchs are not asexual (they can/may still "perform"
>but can't "fertilize"). They are often thought to be without sexual desire,
>though. The best reason is presumably to remove the possibility of
>offspring.

There are many different kinds of eunuchs depending on how much of their "equipment" is left. The penis can be removed totally, which would render "performance" impossible; it can also be removed partially, which might allow some activity. If the testicles are left intact, along with some of the penis, impregnation might still be possible. Total castration (removal of the entire penis and testicles) would prevent both intercourse and impregnation.

Amazing (and disconcerting) how much I know about the subject.

Guy