Re: Bat ownership

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 21:56:45 -0000

>> There's an article on the WhiteWallWiki
>> http://www.eparsnip.f2s.com/phpwiki/index.php?Crimson%20Bat
>> that suggests otherwise, but I'm not sure where that's sourced from.

> It's an inference from Dragon Pass, the Boardgame which lists
> the Crimson Bat as part of the College of Magic.

True. It's also directly cut'n'pasted from one of my "Life of Moonson" characters, the Bat Man.

http://www.etyries.com/moonson/paulis-longvale.htm

In freeforms, and I would suggest in other games involving Lunar high politics, it quickly becomes absurd and frustrating to have Moonson *personally* responsible for everything under the Moon. You need to delegate, if only to get some interaction and fun. So we had the Crimson Bat directed by the Dean of the Lunar College of Magic, who therefore shared secret knowledge (Batman's secret identity!) which was of great interest to other players in the game.

See my "Who Rules the Lunar Empire?" (esp. re: Moonson) for more on the rewards of this style of play.

http://www.etyries.com/moonie/whorules.htm

> Since the above were written in the period in which it had not yet
> sunk in that the Emperor was now irresponsible, Rory's writeup is
> more in tune with what we know about the Empire than the Wiki
> statements.

Good luck to you all, if you think *anything* in "Life of Moonson" presupposes that the Red Emperor is responsible!

Cheers, Nick