Re: Re: Talents and slaves

From: donald_at_...
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 11:45:37 GMT

In message <ccj0tf+umhb_at_...> "simon_hibbs2" writes:

>One source of plunder not available to Caesar was magic. How
>valuable would magical artifacts be to the Lunars? I can
>sertainly imagine them confiscating any and all artfacts
>used in warfare, but equaly they might confiscate any magic
>up to and including standing stones, magic trees, in fact
>anything their engineers can manage, which is a lot.

Probably not a lot of monetary value, officially the College of Magic has an option on anything they consider might be useful to the empire. Secondly you need someone who can use the item and the Lunars are going to but short of people with that knowledge. Indeed with some of the stuff they may need magical knowledge even to move it safely. I suspect most of the plundered magic will end up with local clans which are friendly to the Lunars.

Some good plot ideas there though.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/