Re: Zin Letters refused publication permission

From: ALISON PLACE <alison_place_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:30:57 -0700 (PDT)

        I echo Nick and WBCreighton's concerns. Could we have an explanation of how it matters what Zin Letters contains, please? I realize I know nothing about the situation, and that some of my comments may exasperate those who know better. I apologise to those who may think that I'm reacting inappropriately. However, from the outside, it sounds very harsh on those intimately involved.

        Unless there is a very specific problem, why would permission be yanked on the eve of publication? It's lousy timing for anyone involved, and can't help but hurt the feelings of many. Do we want to lose fans turned off by this faux pas in timing? Couldn't permission be given for this effort, since it is basically complete?

        I'm very glad that Issaries is back in the saddle, but they don't have the budget to produce all that the community is willing and able to buy!

        We all accept that fan material is non-canonical. However, the importance of these unofficial publications has been very significant. Fanzines have been our lifeblood for years. If Reaching Moon Megacorp hadn't been around, it's quite possible that there wouldn't be a HQ/RQ community left today.

Alison

Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses. http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail