Re: Human sacrifice in backstory?

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 13:07:38 -0000

Ummm, the way I read it, there was no implied chaos connection. She is a goddess far more feared and hated than loved, but not at all chaotic. In fact, amongst the Orlanthi quite a few ways of killing people could be seen as chaotic, but I think Ana Gor is quite clearly not chaotic.

Which is not to say people don't see sacrifices to her as evil....

One more thought on this topic, one of the things you can do in Glorantha which is most shocking to most people is abandon your faith (god, spirit, saint, whatever). Most have ways of punishing such folk, but it can be survivable. I could imagine something like her having followed her faith to the utmost, right up to using the Ana Gor rights for a sacrifice. In shock afterwards then not only fleeing the scene, but abandoning her faith, which had included such a horror as a possibility.

--Bryan