Re: Girls will be boys and boys will be girls

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruceferrie_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 00:29:46 +0100

Andrew Solovay wrote:

> BTW--can Nandan "women" marry men in Heortling society? Do we have an
> official answer on this?

The cult writeup states that they act and dress as women, and that they have their place in Ernalda's loom house among the weaver women.

To me, that certainly indicates that they're considered to be women, both socially and mythically. And women marry men.

And I've included one as a Vingan NPC, making only a cameo appearance, but was still there nevertheless.

BTW, I suspect that the femininity of Nandani probably shouldn't be expressed in inverted commas. They ARE women.

Regards,

Bruce