Re: Girls will be boys and boys will be girls

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:41:48 -0700

Bruce Ferrie <bruceferrie_at_...> wrote:
> Andrew Solovay wrote:
>

> > BTW--can Nandan "women" marry men in Heortling society? Do we have
> > an official answer on this?
>
> BTW, I suspect that the femininity of Nandani probably shouldn't be
> expressed in inverted commas. They ARE women.

Yes, but... (struggles, and fails, to come up with a delicate way to put this) if they're "women", they're women with pee-pees.

So while they may be able (socially and religiously) to marry men, their options for mates are going to be comparitively limited. And I expect that the notoriously open-minded and tolerant Heortling society[*] is going to wonder just a little bit about the guy who decides to marry a Nandan instead of, say, a Bevaran...

--AMS [*] irony.