Re: Digest Number 1767

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:34:01 +0100 (BST)

>I hesitate to use the word "homophobic", but given
>the negative reaction I got from my gaming group
>when I mused about the possibility of playing a
>Nandan worshipper, I do wonder.

Well this could be a domestic issue but for the record:

My objection was for the same reason no one in the Red Cow campaign will get to be: Chalana Arroy, Elmal, Humakt, Issaries, Odayla, Lhankor Mhy, Yinkin etc. In fact a lot of the Orlanth and Ernalda subcults are gone. The principle behind this is that it is unlikely a clan worships every member of the Storm Tribe and every subcult, so I am limiting the choice. Some npcs do follow 'odd gods' but I want the players to avoid focusing on them. Perhaps I'm just tired of player groups where worshipping Orlanth and Ernalda is 'unusual'.

As I pointed out the clan's '1 in 7' tend to follow Heler, so that's the outlet for folks who want to mess around with gender roles.

I did consider making Vingans 'npcs' only but i'll wait and see on that one.

Ian Cooper
0208-672-0717(H)07970-411892 (M)

"Give the kids tools, so they can go build their own houses; not the blueprint of what the houses should be." Tori Amos