Re: Re: Digest Number 1767

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 05:30:28 -0500

jeffrichard68 wrote:

> > My objection was for the same reason no one in the Red
> > Cow campaign will get to be: Chalana Arroy, Elmal,
> > Humakt, Issaries, Odayla, Lhankor Mhy, Yinkin etc. In
> > fact a lot of the Orlanth and Ernalda subcults are
> > gone. The principle behind this is that it is unlikely
> > a clan worships every member of the Storm Tribe and
> > every subcult, so I am limiting the choice. Some npcs
> > do follow 'odd gods' but I want the players to avoid
> > focusing on them. Perhaps I'm just tired of player
> > groups where worshipping Orlanth and Ernalda is
> > 'unusual'.
>
> I'm with Ian. In the Orlmarth campaign, only one in seven players
> worships anything other than Orlanth or Ernalda (and that one is
> Redaylda/Rigsdal). I try to keep the "1 in 7" rule with my games as
> well.

On the other hand, it could be argued that the player characters are part of that 1 in 7 that worship someone else; most everyone in the clan would worship Orlanth or Ernalda. Player characters are always out on the fringe compared to normal clansmen, anyway. I guess it would depend upon the type of campaign you run.

Guy (Hoyle)