Re: Re: A great big steaming pile of fewmets

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 11:08:27 -0700

>Oh, and don't forget the Christians (and most Romans) are evil trope.
Sigh. Like
>we don't hear that one every day. That and the unwarranted
ubernationalism - it
>felt very out of place.

The Saxon "We don't sleep with their women" scene was particularly odd... *Very* Nazi/KKKish. I'm not sure if that's what Fuqua/whoever the Scriptwriter intended, but *way* out of place. Especially considering that the Saxons *did* "mix their blood" with the natives pretty thoroughly...

>I don't think I can bring myself to see I, Robot yet.

Me neither. From the trailers, it is *nothing* like anything Asimov wrote. Another "inspired by" movie, I suppose. Feh.

I *am* looking forward to "Skycommander and the World of Tomorrow" (or whatever it's called). Hope they gve it the right touch of pulpishness.

RR
- Richelieu