RE: Re: A great big steaming pile of fewmets

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:11:02 +0100

> I haven't seen the film yet but am intrigued by its claims of
> historicalness. I rather got the impression that the King Arthur
> legend was a mediaeval fiction, inspired by older folklore and set in
> a fantasy past. Which to my uniformed mind, makes all attempts to
> locate and recreate the `original' Arthur and his historical context
> a bit silly - be they Dumbartonian or not.

The latest good book on the subject is by one of the Tribe, so go and buy it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0750934182/202-2479184-7262237

The Reign of Arthur: From History to Legend - Christopher Gidlow

�14 from Amazon. Though he may prefer you to use some other outlet that gives him more of a cut?