Re: Report on Ropecon 2004

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 21:14:05 -0000

Sounds like a great event. Impressive in size too, for the population of Finland--there must be a lot of dedicated gamers there!

> and the other was a lecture about
> "Roudan maa" ('the Land of Frost'), a new Finnish source book, which
> describes the fantasy world similar to the world of the Finnish
Kalevala. I
> think some ideas in "Roudan maa" can bee used in Glorantha, too,
especially
> among the Orlanthi or Tastolar Uncolings.

Doh! I'd love to read that, but my Finnish is non-existent :-( (Finnish grandfather never taught his kids more than a few words, and mom didn't even pass those few words on to me). I keep thinking I should take classes....but that won't get me up to "reading an RPG book" level anytime soon. Any chance they are planning an english printing?

--Bryan