Re: Thoughts on Continuum 2004

From: ALISON PLACE <alison_place_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 17:57:18 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Mark,

        Hmmm, sounds like Continuum could be a worthy substitute to Tentacles if Ian has to teach.

> After the welcome, it was straight into �Harem
Nights�. Still, as Old Wakim the storyteller, I was glad to be able to do my bit to raise slave revolts, play my role in the conspiracy to kill Garangordos the Slaver God (though alas I didn�t actually manage to be one of those who struck the final blow),

        Well done! There were too many flunkies and expendable extras in his lot for us to do them all in.  MOB played him at Stahleck, and well OTT he was. Do check the photos online.

> protect my little winged dog, whom everyone seemed
to want dissected and dismembered.

        Was disgracefully disembowelled in our game, so good for you!

> Ian Cooper was a splendidly oleaginous celebrity
doctor,

        Cured my bunions a treat (I was the Sister Philosopher), which was close to the only goal I managed. Ask Simon about finding my longlost son.

> and Dan Barker led the conspiracy with vigour. I
felt obscurely pleased that I seemed to be one of the few characters not gaining, losing, selling, seeking or, um, handling penises�

        Certainly didn't come up for me, either...

> my highlights would obviously have to start with the
raucous and infamous Dorkath Sex Hunt.

        What, better than David 'Hero of the People' Chang? Still, if they had more bods, I can escalation.

> Nick �Fjordaur� Brooke excelled himself as a
disgruntled and balletic assassin.

        Ahh, no reprise of the Sparrowhawk.

> new Moon Goddess, which proved to be a creation of
passion and water, born of the Oslir and into the child of Gwen �Varenkara/Rathavrima� Mott -- Deezola�s estranged sister -- and Simon �Oktog� Bray, the troll who really did manage to prove that he was a human after all.

        So what perverted version of our talks last year did you use for the sister? That, I'm dying to know.

        Sounds like a great time was had by all. Did you ask any of the gamers to forward their takes to you?

        One of these days, we do want to get to England. How are expenses relative to Germany? (Food, lodgings, etc.) I know that London is excessive, to say the least. Pity, since the BM, BL, V&A, NG, Nat Hist Mus, etc. are all on my must-see list.

        Did you happen to see Christopher Andrews at Continuum? I was hoping to see him at Tentacles, but he wasn't here this year. It's about trading fossils, another passion of mine.

        Looking forward to hearing from you when you have fully recovered!

Yours,
Alison

Yahoo! Mail is new and improved - Check it out! http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail