Collective Nouns for Gloranthan creatures?

From: Darran <darransims_at_...>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 00:09:40 +0100

Greetings and Salutations
2004-09-13-2355.

Hi all,
I am doing some work on one of my scenarios and I was wondering what the collective terms for a group of Dragonewts. I have come up with some but I am not happy with them. Anyone else got any other ideas?

An egg of Dragonewts.
A clutch of Dragonewts.
A weyr of Dragonewts.
A crest of scout'newts.
A claw of warrior'newts
A tail of noble'newts
A prayer of ruler'newts.

There are some common collective nouns such as a pack of Telmori or a streak of tigersons but I think that some better ones can be found. Anyone willing to give it a go?
I have included a list of mundane collective nouns below:

A boast of soldiers, A squad of soldiers, A platoon of soldiers, A division of soldiers, A ubiquity of sparrows, A quarrel of sparrows, A host of sparrows, A clutter of spiders, A cluster of spiders, A dray of squirrels, A flight of stairs, A galaxy of stars, A murmuration of starlings, A fagot of sticks, A muster of storks, A phalanx of storks, A class of students, A flight of swallows, A gulp of swallows, A wedge of swans (flying), A whiteness of swans, A bevy of swans, A bank of swans, An eyrar of swans, A sounder of swine, A drift of swine, A pack of submarines, A set of tennis games, A battery of tests, A den of thieves, A Congress of thieves (see also whore), A bunch of things, A mutation of thrushes, A streak of tigers, An ambush of tigers, A knot of toads, etc.

Cheers,
DARRAN SIMS

Go to Continuum! NOW!!!
http://www.continuum.uk.net
For the Yahoo Group goto:
continuum2004-subscribe_at_yahoogroups.com "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even Death may die." - H.P.Lovecraft