The Battle of Dwarf Ford

From: Darran Sims <darransims_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 16:08:02 -0000

Greetings and Salutations
2004-08-22-1705.

Hi All,
I am running the 1565 S.T. Battle of Dwarf Ford for my group next week.
I was wondering if anyone has any more information on the battle and the events leading up to it.
I do have the information from 'King of Sartar' and 'Dragon Pass:Land of Thunder'.

In particular I was after the reasons why the Lunars attacked Alda Chur [did they get to the city walls?] when the Tarsh civil war was still raging.
What units were at the battle on both sides and who were the key players and heroes of the battle.
Why was the battle actually staged at Dwarf Ford? Was it a tactical decision on the part of the Aldachuri and the Sartarites?
Was the Lunar advance halted there or did the Lunars reach Alda Chur only to be driven back?

'Prince Jarolar is killed at the Battle of Dwarf Ford while
attempting to aid the Aldachuri against a Lunar Invasion at the Battle of Dwarf Ford. His son Jarosar is rescued by Kostajor Wolf-  and is later acclaimed Prince of Sartar' [KoS].

'King Orlgandi of the Colymar tribe is killed protecting Prince
Jarolar. His successor is Umathkar Orldagsdotter of the Antorling clan' [KoS].

Thanks in advance.
Cheers

Darran Sims.

Web - www.assemblyrooms-derby.co.uk