Re: Doesn't Darkness trump Earth?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:00:34 -0700

> > Also, Earth trumps Air in the Elemental progression - just about
> anything a
> > man can do, a woman can prevent. Flying? Kadone the Grounder can
> take care
> > of that! Violence (in any form)? if she can't stop it with "Calm
> fear", Ease
> > Anger" or the like, she can revisit back many-fold by joining Vinga
> or the
> > Gors.
>
> Lol - Does that mean there are a few places Argan Agarian men can
> foil whatever their Ernaldan wives are up to?
> Just a thought. ;-)

If they've got the magic to do so, their magic will trump their wive's, yes. Of course, Darkness traditionally beats up on Earth, rather than being a moderating force, so things like "Rend Earth" would probably be more common.

Hmm, I can't find the Elemental Progression in the main book... I'm checking with Stephen on the status of it.

RR
- Richelieu