Re: The Battle of Dwarf Ford

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:23:47 -0700 (PDT)

Keith writes:

> If you have played the boardgame 'Dragon Pass'
> I think you would see that the area of Dwarf
> Ford is a common battle ground at the start
> of the full game (this may be due to tactical
> ineptness on the part of me and my old DP
> playing friends) . It is an important place
> to get armies into Sartar.

It is not just you. I had forgotten how much of a massive tactical abrrier the River and the clifs can be for even matched troops. Sandy and I played it a few weeks ago and duked it out to a stalemate at the Ford -- though only because I lucked into getting the Puppeteer Troupe to attack his northern flank. I fortuitously allied the Grazers the turn after he routed my southern Sartarites (damn ducks), attacked his rear, and killed all but one of his magical units.  It was a glorious barbarian victory as the lunies sued for peace, which only sullied by the fact that Jar-Eel killed Harrek.

Chris Lemens

Win 1 of 4,000 free domain names from Yahoo! Enter now. http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush