Re: RE: Cool stuff and NPCs

From: steve_at_...
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:13:53 +1200

Roderick wrote:

> Contest: Attune <Rune Metal> item
> Appropriate Ability: A tough one. Perhaps the ability most
> likely used with the item, so a fighting skill for a
> weapon/armor, lockpicking for lockpicks, etc.

I actually think that Relationship to deity might be an appropriate ability, as in RQ at least, the attunement was accomplished with the aid of a god.

This rather brings up the question of how much can we rely on that sort of thing to define current Glorantha. There are so many differences that putting in similarities by default seems unsafe.

> Typical Modifiers and Augments: probably none.

+5 for devotees :)

> Resistance: 7x Item bonus sound good? (So a "+3" Sword would
> be a 1w resistance). Iron, of course, is doubled. We'd want
> something that makes it not impossible for a beginning player
> to do, but not totally irrelevant for a seasoned hero.

That would make a silver knife difficulty 7 an iron knife a difficulty 14, and an iron greatsword 10W3.

I suspect that I'd want to allow various potential bonuses to do with preparation, ritual, mystic doodads, community support etc.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Stephen

--
Stephen Rennell 	steve_at_...