Re: [HeroWars]Gagarthi, SR-2 rumor

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 17:12:38 -0800

At 10:55 PM 1/12/2001 -0000, you wrote:
>Actually, I ought to have mentioned that I've been working for a
>scenario concerning the fight against Ironfist and specifically
>taking on some Gagarthi which has been bumped from SR and should in
>due course appear either on the website or in SR-2, if a follow-on
>volume appears. The essence of the matter is that from Kallyr's point
>of view, wiping out Gagarthi is not just a Good Thing, it is also
>very sensible: it attacks Ironfist's secondary assets and shows the
>locals why she is worth supporting...

Mark's done great work with Gagarth and we won't wait to let it be seen. We are getting the latest version ready to appear at the site, long before publication.
Issaries plans also to present the Gagarthi (and their cult) as bad guys in the first book first. We want them to have a long history of conflict with the player characters before they get to strike back in sufficient force (which occurs after Dragonrise).

2 Book rumor
Let me explain the SR-2 thing officially. Sartar Rising! (ISS1401) book is not changed in its contents. It has bad guys, good guys, background, everyday ongoing Orlanthi type of events (feuds, raids, etc.), scenarios for warriors, and the Hero Wars Campaign scenarios. These last allow player characters to be in on the Great Event: Dragonrise. The campaign scenarios end shortly afterward (at the end of 1625, in fact).

SR-2 would be the book tentatively titled Sartar Free! (ISS1402) continues the campaign with similar material to 1630 (Unification of Dragon Pass, and Death of Kallyr). Many of the scenarios in it have their roots laid in the earlier book. Like the Gagarthi, and the Grazers, and the Telmori, and a whole bunch of other people who are going to try to kill you.

Greg Stafford
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>