Re: Re: Cool stuff & NPCs

From: Henrix <henrix_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 01:59:16 +0200

Adept skrev:
>There's supposed to be a good book around on the subject "The Medieval
>Warhorse", or something like that. Does somebody happen to own that?

You are probably thinking about Ann Hyland's The Warhorse 1250-1600. I do not own it, but did borrow it at the university library. Her other books may also be of interest, in particular The horse in the Middle Ages.

There are no horses today like the medieval warhorses. Horses bred to be so violent that they could not be stabled with other horses are not something one keeps for fun. Later cavalry horses, who were bred to be as stable as possible, are not related.

*Goes back to lurking ;-)*

--
Henrix