Re: Cool Stuff & NPCs

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:31:11 +0100

Jane:

>> Wisby was ummm.... [google,google]... 1361, so
>

>> maille-and-plate would
>

>>be the top of the line kit at the time
>>

>Personally I'd love to, but...
>
>What areas of Glorantha use this type of kit?

Mail-and-plate specifically? The Carmanians might, and perhaps the Junorans. The Loskalmi, though, have access to white plate (yer full-plate-never-mind-the-mail stuff), which is as good as you'll find anywhere outside the Mostali. In general, I think the West has the best armour, and IMG at least, their magic tends to reflect the same philosophy - that is, it's very good at defence, being more likely to include Strengthen Armour than Lightning Swift Sword, for instance. Which isn't to say that they don't have spells like that, of course, especially when it comes to Horseback Charge At High Speed In Full Battle Armour, which the French only wish they'd had at Agincourt...

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic