Re: Re: Cool stuff & NPCs

From: Henrix <henrix_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:02:49 +0200

donald_at_... scripsit:
>That doesn't take breeding, just don't castrate the stallions and
>you'll have them fighting to get at any mare in heat.

Yes, that's the modern european version. In the middle ages, according to Hyland, riding a gelding was unmanly. Normal riding horses were stallions, IIRC.

Warhorses were, in the later middle ages, very large, very fierce stallions. The horse take on a pitbull. Bred to kill. And very, very expensive!

I recommend Hyland's books. They are rather well written, and she knows her horses as well as her history.

--
Henrix