Re: Re: Cool Stuff & NPCs

From: Gerald Bosch <gbosch_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:10:05 -0400

>What areas of Glorantha use this type of kit?

  Mail-and-plate specifically? The Carmanians might, and perhaps the   Junorans. The Loskalmi, though, have access to white plate (yer   full-plate-never-mind-the-mail stuff), which is as good as you'll find   anywhere outside the Mostali. In general, I think the West has the best   armour, and IMG at least, their magic tends to reflect the same   philosophy - that is, it's very good at defence, being more likely to   include Strengthen Armour than Lightning Swift Sword, for instance.   Which isn't to say that they don't have spells like that, of course,   especially when it comes to Horseback Charge At High Speed In Full   Battle Armour, which the French only wish they'd had at Agincourt...

There is something I've long wanted to ask those who know more about metallurgy than I do:

Is it possible to construct medieval-style plate armor out of bronze? I wasn't sure if it had the strength when stretched into large plates without being VERY heavy? I'm not trying to argue against it, I wuz jest wunderin' (scratch head)

Gerald