Re: Cool Stuff and NPCs

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 21:20:06 +0100

Gerald Bosch:

>There is something I've long wanted to ask those who know more about metallurgy than I do:
>
>Is it possible to construct medieval-style plate armor out of bronze? I wasn't sure if it had the strength when stretched into large plates without being VERY heavy? I'm not trying to argue against it, I wuz jest wunderin' (scratch head)

It's not going to be terribly good, no. Mind you, the Loskalmi are famed for having a lot of iron (due to relatively good trade relations with the dwarves) and the guys with the full armour are definitely the elite of society. So frequently, they're wearing actual iron plate. Scary.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic