RE: Re: Cool Stuff & NPCs

From: Paul Anderson <carlalef_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:16:41 -0400

>Out of Gloranthan bronze, yes, I think. It isn't much like RW bronze,
>more like RW low-quality iron. (Would this be good enough? Or do we need
>[steel]?)

RW low-quality iron is quite brittle. Not ideal for making large sheets and then pounding them with heavy things. (Which is why the Greeks used bronze for armor in historical times.)

This (and the magical penalties) is also why Gloranthans don't use unenchanted iron, although it must be available.

I prefer Gloranthan bronze to be bronze - bad enough having it as cheap as iron.

Paul MacLean Anderson
pmanderson_at_...
pmaclanderson_at_...

Be a Quidnunc: