RE: Flying fighters?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:06:46 +0100 (BST)

> Err Jane, Vangarthi aren't the only flyers in
> Glorantha.

I know, but they were the ones I was asking about, and (I think?) the main Orlanthi flying types.

> Yes, in Heortling warfare the few Vangarthi are
> going to be flying
> around hurling javlins and abuse at the opposing
> warband while
> ignoring challenges to "Come on down and fight like
> a man not a bird."

Or not, and getting cut off from their friends, perhaps.

And I see you say "warfare" there - would this also apply to the more normal raids? Which aren't warfare, but are fighting?

> When the come up against Lunar or other soldiers
> they'll find their
> opponents are trained to counter flyers and it'll be
> an awful (possibly fatal) shock.

Yes, that'll be nasty.

Jane Williams