Re: Kero Finn

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 09:34:21 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Bryan Thexton wrote:

> - Would particularly devout Orlanthi of some means travel there on
> the equivalent of a pilgrimage, just to gaze upon it? Or climb it?

I seem to remember the mention somewhere (HW rulebook???) that jumping off the top of Kero Finn was (a) proof you were a devout Orlanthi and (b) fast track to learning to fly. Of course, if you didn't survive, then Orlanth must not have liked you that much in the first place.

The top of Kero Finn is also described as a weak spot, where entering the other side is easier. This makes it a good place to start those really desperate heroquests.

> - Is it even seen as actively sacred, versus somewhere that important
> things happened in myth, so yes its important, but who cares who
> grazes their sheep on its lower slopes?

I don't see the lower slopes as important, and it wouldn't be possible to graze on the mountain proper. Anyone blocking access to the mountain would be seriously unpopular, though.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net