Re: Re: Cool Stuff & NPCs

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 18:47:29 +0300 (EEST)

> There is something I've long wanted to ask those who know more about
> metallurgy than I do:
>
> Is it possible to construct medieval-style plate armor out of bronze?
> I wasn't sure if it had the strength when stretched into large plates
> without being VERY heavy? I'm not trying to argue against it, I wuz
> jest wunderin' (scratch head)
>
> Gerald

The best and heaviest (most protective that is) vere made from bronze long into the iron age. Bronze is pretty good material for armour.

Then again, it is not steel, and steel is what you need for late medieval full plate. Personally I don't think such platemail has a place in Glorantha, possible even for the dwarves.

Ancient world plate, meaning the greek hoplite panoply, fit's the setting much better, and is pretty damn good armour.

        -Adept