Re: Re: Armour

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 21:59:48 +1200

Keith wrote:

>I am not sure if there is a direct reference but I got the impression from
>somewhere that blue moon metal might share some characteristics with
>Uranium -
>invisible, dangerous. Not sure if this analogy can get us any neat ideas - I
>know next to nothing about metallurgy.

Damn. I forgot Selenium (Selene being the Blue Moon Elemental). The Real World chemistry doesn't give us any hints (Selenium is toxic but nothing spectacular). Rather than make it an ordinary poison, I think it better to make it a magical effect such as steal a chosen memory or perhaps take points of an ability score. So if you are stabbed repeatedly by a selenite dagger, you could find your sword combat skill becoming useless....

--Peter Metcalfe

---