Re: Flying fighters?

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 18:31:09 -0000

This inspired "The Sky Raiders" the hero band I offered up for the Gloranthacon book part 2 (if it ever gets to move forward...). A lot of potential for strategic devestataion.

However, note taht Helerings don't get any feats that let them come down from clouds gently! They can jump down, but the landing could be mighty hard ;-) OK, in reality you could probably improvise something from the rain affinity so you'd not land any harder than the rain does.

Note however that dropping weapons from the clouds won't allow much accuracy. Amongst Heortlings the forces are usually small enough that hitting anyone could be hard without magic to guide the weapons. Even hitting a stead could be challenging. Anyone with any degree of wind magic should be able to blow weapons aside given that range....if they see it of course.

Remember that Helerings are seldom considered particularly effective fighters. So I don't think they regularly succeed in major aerial bombardment.

Regards;

--Bryan