Re: Armour

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 16:16:56 -0700

Peter

>In glorantha, enchanted arsenical bronzes would be the archetypal
>poisoned weapons.

This discussion makes me think of slarge-metal, though as it hurts for humans to touch it, it's probably not any terrestrial alloy (and of course probably involves magic).

(According to Sandy Petersen, the reptilian slarges of western Pamaltela know how to make a metal that's to humans like iron is to elves or trolls.)

>The Real World chemistry doesn't give us any hints (Selenium is
>toxic but nothing spectacular).

Couldn't have been all that toxic, in that my high school's xerox machine had a selenium drum, and we were always taking it out to clear paper jams or something.

On the other hand, just like Gloranthan bronze is NOT terrestrial bronze, Gloranthan selenium is undoubtedly a different element.

--

David Dunham