Re: Re: Flying fighters?

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruceferrie_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 10:36:24 +0100

bethexton_at_... wrote:

> Remember they are dropping these from the clouds. Ever looked down
> from a plane as it was entering the clouds? Even on a low cloud deck
> day, you are talking cars looking like ants, people not visible at
> all.

As Jane says, up in the hilly country (like Sartar) the clouds can be very low. I've walked around inside a cloud before without the benefit of Heler magic. :)

And when you add in the Helerings' abilities to call clouds and influence them, them they can make sure they have low cloud on the days that they want it. I still don't think they'd be able to muster a concentrated bombardment* or anything, but they'd be well placed to leap out of the clouds with a surprise attack or some such.

Regards,

Bruce