Re: Kero Finn

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 06:25:13 -0800

At 08:58 PM 1/15/2001 -0000, Bryan Thexton wrote:
>I know Kero Finn has a role in Orlanthi myth, and is sacred in
>various ways, but I'm wondering how much it matters in the life of
>your typical Sartarite.
>
>For example:
>- Would particularly devout Orlanthi of some means travel there on
>the equivalent of a pilgrimage, just to gaze upon it? Or climb it?
Of course, you can see it anywhere fin Dragon Pass. I d not perieve people climbing it as a regular pilgrimage (oh, except Yinkini)

>- For that matter, would climbing it be considered a good thing
>(pilgrimage style) or bad thing (trespassing on sacred ground)?
Well, probably foolish first of all, and otherwise acceptable.

>- Would it be revered in art, be it song or other depictions (think
>Mt. Fujimori in Japan for what I'm thinking of here).
Yes, I think so.

>- Is it even seen as actively sacred, versus somewhere that important
>things happened in myth, so yes its important, but who cares who
>grazes their sheep on its lower slopes?
Kero Fin is worshipped as a goddess of childbirth, not much else.

Greg Stafford
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>