Re: Re: Balazar

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 12:55:15 +1200

Roland:

>For instance, what should the primary Tradition of Balazar be?
>Votank?

Votank is depicted in ancient (really really ancient) Dara Happan wall carvings as being the child of Durbaddath (the Lion God) and Uryarda (the Goat Goddess). Both parents are described as being Gods in Anaxial's Roster so it is probable that Votank is also a God.

That said, the religion of the Votanki is mixed worship, they worship Gods and Spirits. The main spirit traditions are Foundchild and Heathmother while Blueface appears to be of the Sakkar (the Sabre-tooth) tradition.

> I keep flip-flopping on
>Tharkantus: either he's still worshipped as a theistic cult

Yelmalio is theistic.

> (which
>locks his devotees out of the rest of the region's magic,

Devotees are already locked out of the region's magic by devoting themselves to their god. If you want a Yelmalion who partakes in the region's magic then make him an initiate and don't concentrate his magic.

>Plenty of
>misapplied worship going on in this region, then...

I'd stay well away from misapplied worship solutions as misapplied worship exists normally on the fringes of ordinary worship.

--Peter Metcalfe

---