Re: Is the Runequest Mentality Grinding The Hero out of Heroquest

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:01:54 -0000

> The only thing that really rubs me the wrong way about HQ is the
> profound silliness and flippantness of the play-examples. The characters
> don't seem very Gloranthan at all, and are very superfiscial in depth.

Now that you mention it, I agree strongly. I just HATE that damn teshnan surfer-wannabe.

The puma-man who wants to become "a real live boy" pisses me off too,  but then I have a pet peeve about any story that involves someone who  is already more than human (Data, for example) setting their goals so  low as to only want to become human.

Mike Dawson