Re: New Poll on Heroquest.com

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:07:00 -0000

Interestingly, the poll is phrased: "I would buy..." as opposed to "I think the best for the game...." or "I think Issaries should...."

It is not a trivial difference. I agree that getting this info out to as many groups as possible as soon as possible would be a service to the Gloranthan community. BUT I own the RQ3 Genertela book, so wouldn't pay to own it again. It if was re-published with added material I _might_ buy it depending on the price, but given probable price and how much would be new to me, I most likely would not. If they ever came out with a full Gloranthan atlas I know I would buy that. So I answered "I would rather wait to buy a proper comprehensive atlas of Glorantha."

If I didn't already have the RQ3 material, I'd probably have voted 2 or 3, and I think one of those might be the best option.

In favor of option 2, an actual Issaries product probably gets more exposure, so helps fill in Glorantha for more people. Also depending on file accessability and copyright issues, it might be a relatively low effort way for them to issue another revenue producing book.

In favor of option 3, there would be more in it, Issaries would not have to do any work so can keep working on the existing backlog (but presumably gets some sort of small royalties), _and_ they could still reasonably produce a full atlas of Glorantha at some point without obsoleting their own product (presumably once this product was OOP from Moon Designs).

>From the point of view who wants a steady streem of products from
Issaries for a long time to come, I'm not sure which of those is the best option, but either one sounds like a reasonable option. Which doesn't change the fact that I'm not apt to buy either product.

Regards;

--Bryan