Re: Re: Two Cheers for the Textbook Examples

From: Darran <darransims_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:30:02 +0100

Greetings and Salutations
2004-09-17-1220.

Tim Ellis wrote:
> wrote:
> > The last time I needed to introduce new people, I ran a gaumata's
> vision
> > with sundomers. A simple culture to explain, and one that is easy
> > grasp. The newbies especially praised the "hot sand in the sandals"
> > feel, and the depth of the setting.
> >
> - After
> all Guatama's vision and "Hot sand in the Sandals" is not much help
> for people wanting to play Char-Un...

Char-Un would be 'hot horse sweat between the buttocks' ;-)

But seriously each one of the cultures described in HQ needs to have a culture specific scenario to show off the culture in a 'show-not-tell' way. The best way to do that is to have each scenario start off small, set in a village, clan, minor town, etc. The dilemma faced by the heroes wouldn't be too complex but would be very culture specific and very different to any other cultures problems. So for example a Dara Happan episode would be based within the League all the heroes share and would possibly involve preventing news of some scandalous behaviour [in the eyes of the solar way] by one of the patriarchs from becoming public and therefore discrediting the league as a whole. That same behaviour and scandal in Esvulari or Heorting customs would be considered 'acceptable'. The scenario would be run with Dara Happan values in mind and further details about the customs and ways would be discovered during play.

Cheers,
DARRAN SIMS

Go to Continuum! NOW!!!
http://www.continuum.uk.net
For the Yahoo Group goto:
continuum2004-subscribe_at_yahoogroups.com "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even Death may die." - H.P.Lovecraft