Re: Two Cheers for the Textbook Examples

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:13:49 -0000

> I suppose I'm just used to people who _want_ to make the effort.

Fair point, but my gaming group was put together from complete strangers and I had never narrated HQ before, and have very little GM experience.

As for
> an introduction to Glorantha, how difficult is it to write (or
tell a
> story) giving the viewpoint of only a single culture.

Thats what I have done. Everyone is Heortling and we follow the Sartar Rising arc, which is the game I always wanted to play in since reading the background info in the RQ2 book way back in '82!

> The last time I needed to introduce new people, I ran a gaumata's
vision
> with sundomers. A simple culture to explain, and one that is easy
> grasp. The newbies especially praised the "hot sand in the sandals"
> feel, and the depth of the setting.

Grrrr! Solar's! Grrr!! ;-)

> I don't think they would have liked a "do whatever takes your
fancy"
> attitude much.
>
> But I guess, "when in Rome..."

and thats it really. Different strokes for different groups I guess! I must admit I am a Dragon Pass and Pavis nut, but recently played a game as a Lunar so I am trying to broaden my horizons!

Regards
Rob