Re: Ship of Life Church

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 11:24:19 -0700

"Light Castle"

> So are there religious rivalries on the sea? Do most sailors in
>Glorantha just decide on
>practicality, what works to get them safe to harbor is the key, or
>are there more complex
>religious things going on on the seas?

In my Glorantha, sailors are always eminently practical. They are, after all, the people probably most at mercy of the elements. If propitiating Magasta and Orlanth make sailing safer, they'll do it, even if they are nominally members of the Ship of Life Church. (This was actually a source of religious conflict in my game, as some of the player character ship officers were far more devout.)

--

David Dunham