Re: Punishment in Orlanthi Law

From: donald_at_...
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 20:49:05 GMT

In message <414EF81D.31324.2F98E6A_at_localhost> "Light Castle" writes:

>On 20 Sep 2004 at 8:15, Paul Andrew King wrote:
>
>> Permanent Outlawry (i.e. for life). It's the chief's son and the
>> chief usually has the final say - and it'd be very hard for anyone
>> else on the Ring to disagree even if they wanted to. Then she's just
>> another enemy of the clan and "fair game".
>
>That was my idea. One thing I'm wondering about is whether or not she
>could hide with a rival clan at all. Or would the knowledge she is a
>kinslayer pretty much trump any clan rivalry in this case?

Only if the rival clan has a use for her. If she's evil enough to slay her kin can she be trusted to behave as a guest? She might be accepted as a guest before they knew of the kinslaying which creates its own set of problems but there would be considerable efforts made to get her to leave.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/