Re: Literacy

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 21:53:52 -0000

I seem to recall seeing someting, possibly on this list, I think from Greg, suggesting that one of the changes caused by the hero wars is the spread of literacy amongst heortlings. That actually Argrath is behind it, because to coordinate a large army and empire he needs written instructions and reports.

Of course Karse, located where it is, may well be a focal point of conflict between the Esrolian and Heortling doctrines on teaching....the city is mostly heortling, but with strong esrolian and other influences. Could become nice recurring plot point for a campaign set there with an LM character....

--Bryan