Re: Kinslaying (another question)

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 00:35:16 -0000

> Did you know that the Far Walkers came from Saird, Bilini and
Aggar?
> (Questlines)

Pretty sure I knew that.

> The Yelmalion traditions presumably originated in Aggar where the
four Sun
> Dome temples are in a state of disarray (because of religious
schisms).

Although there are Sun Dome temples in Aggar, Sartar's Yelmalio problem has (at least some) Dara Happa roots - check out KoS. I don't know the history of the post-EWF South Pelorian Sun Dome Temples, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were reestablished by Emperor Alenvus to promote order after the Dragonkill.

> From what I've read (Questlines again) there was substantial
kinstrife in
> the Far Place as the Yelmalions drove out the Elmali. In the Far
Place we
> have tribes and even clans that are part Orlanthi and part
Yelmalion;
> something I've never been really sure how to portray.

My impression of those Far Point clans is that they have been in near-constant turmoil because of this. I don't think (although John can always correct me) that they have had a lasting and stable truce between the Orlanthi and Yelmalions at any time in the last century.

Jeff