Re: Esrolia

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:28:36 -0000

"John Hughes" wrote:
> I think we need to give voice to the beliefs and experience of
>ordinary Esrolian women and men - hear why, for instance, a male
>peasant believes his > way is the better way, and what *he* thinks
> about foreign warrior gods, 'blade' societies like the Heortlings
> etc. I'm not volunteering mind you - too much on my plate right
> now - but I'd love to read a "What the hearthmistress told me for
> Esrolia". (And yes, this is a variation on my
> usual less top-down/more bottom-up plea.)

Maybe we can convince Mark that the Unspoken word needs an Esrolian issue :-)

Me:
> >J Hughes suggested that violent aspects of male
> >gods would be rejected by the Ernaldans following their experience
>>in the Helm & Sword war.

John
> Did I say Ernaldans? That was in the Esrolia post, right? I thought
> I said Esrolians. I sure *meant* Esrolians:

I've probably just horribly misquoted you. Apologies.

> (In the Digest's absence we seem to have colonised the HW list with
> digesty digressions. The difference between the two lists are
> becoming less and less. Should we take this over to the GD?)

GD does seem to be back. Would anbody feel left out if we moved the debate to the GD. One intersting angle of debate here, at the moment, is that Greg can comment, but we may have got too deep now.

Ian