Re: Birds of War?

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:46:03 -0400

Ahh, those troublesome ducks.

On 14 Oct 2004 at 21:20, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> On a convoluted note, there is a mesopotamian myth called
> Anzu, in which the bird-like Anzu seizes the tablet of destinies
> and rules the world before the Gods under Ninurta break his
> wings and restore rightful authority to the world. Remember
> that Ducks cannot now fly.

Wow. Good call! I always tend to remember Anzu as a Dragon (or more usually a chimaera), what with the winged-lion motif and all. But it is called bird in many cases.

<snip>

OK, since IMG the ducks don't speak like donald, I'd drop that part. But yes, having a myth like that makes me think the Ducks would be hated by the DH and probably not the most beloved of creatures for Rinliddi. But I also figure some Rinliddi would want to restore flight to them, earning them forgiveness in the sight of the gods.

YGWV LC