Re: [HeroQuest-rules] Initiates and Orlanthi

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 00:20:48 -0000

Also, its my understanding that those born with sprits rather than souls tend to just support the community services as part of the crowd rather than taking a more active role as initiates and devotees do.

And as Bryan says, the disenfranchised are only communal worshippers -  they cannot maintain the cost of sacrifice. They are mentioned as being the first of many to turn from the Storm Tribe during Fimbulwinter in OiD.

There are folks who just never become "adults with magic" for whatever reason. I am sure there are "adults without magic" who are simply part of the community but not initiates into the deeper mysteries of community life - this would be a problem (far worse than being a lawyer who can't golf)

Jeff