RE: Re: Sartar Rising w/ book 2, Lunars?

From: donald_at_...
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 01:07:14 GMT

In message <a05100302bd9b43d59ff6_at_[192.168.1.2]> Paul Andrew King writes:

>>There seems to be a definite problem with the scenario books. We've
>>at last got a FLGS in Manchester (http://www.fanboy3.co.uk)[1] and
>>they've being told OiD is out of print as well. Apparently there's
>>some problem relating to the way SJG and the UK distributors do
>>business. Given that there are stacks of TR in the distribution
>>chain I'm not sure why the scenario books have sold out so quickly.
>
>Could it just be small print runs ? SJG has a record of poor sales
>of scenario books and if TR is still easy to find it suggests that
>the original print run may have been on the large side.

I suspect Thunder Rebels did have too big a print run, probably on an over-optimistic assessment of the sales of the supplement compared to the HW game. Storm Tribe appears to be better in that it's still easily available but without being lots of copies in stores. The problem is that the scenario books aren't purely that, there's background and important NPCs as well as the story arc of the Hero Wars in there as well. However it's only the UK that seems to have the problem with Orlanth is Dead.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/